Seaside No. 1 Firehouse
Constructed in 1885 to house Seaside No. 1, the town’s first horsedrawn fire engine, this handsome building on Central Street later became headquarters for the Manchester Police Department. The Police vacated Seaside No. 1 in 1970 and the Historical Society stepped forward to preserve the building. It now serves as a museum and home for the town’s two antique engines, the Torrent, a hand pumper built in 1832, and Seaside No. 2, a horsedrawn steam pumper acquired in 1902. The first floor of the building also contains a collection of firefighting equipment as well as memorabilia about both the fire and police departments.